- Academic Help Writing guide
- Grolier Online
- SIRS Databases
- Teen Health & Wellness
- Jump on the Reading Rocket!
- Children's Storybooks Online
- Practice identifying cause & effect with Gram-Check.
- Practice identifying facts and opinions at WorsleySchool.net
- Practice using text structure at the TV-411.
Using Context Clues:
- More English-Zone
- Practice using context clues.
- Practice with three more exercises using using context clues.
Vocabulary: Practice using prefixes at the Crystal Castle.
Poetry: Enter the Rhyme Zone or the Rhymer
- Flip A Chip! In this online activity, students flip two chips to mix and match four word parts and make four words.
- Riddle Interactive! The Riddle Interactive encourages students to use language in such a way as to present a common thing as unfamiliar, asking their readers/listeners to guess what it is.
- Visit the Tumble Book library! It will read stories to you!
- Time Magazine For Kids
- Paragraph Punch: Construct a paragraph right on line!
- Visit Enchanted Learning's dictionary and learn about all sorts of topics!
- Research Guide: This site provides all the necessary tools for students to conduct research and to present their findings.
- English Zone: Anything and everything you need to know about the English language!
- Learn everything you need to know about phrasal verbs.
- An ESL resource for English teachers and parents.
- Word Central: Look up words (fast!) in the Student Dictionary, build Your Own Dictionary, or stump your friends with today's Daily Buzzword!
- TEA's online interactive tests.
- Jefferson Lab practice tests.
- Quia Class Page.
- Houghton Mifflin Kids' Place
- Houghton Mifflin Math-a-Rama
- I Know That math site
- Get ready for the Math SOL's with AAA Math
- Have fun while preparing for the Math SOL's with the ILLUMINATIONS website!
- Practice with the Place Value Puzzler
- To the thousands at the Toon University
- To the 100 thousands at the Toon University
- Place Value Pirates! What?!!!
- Try your knowledge of place value with this M/C Activity
Rounding: Practice rounding with the Place Value Puzzler
- Add correctly and reveal the hidden picture!
- What's better than playing bingo? Try Add Matho!
Subtraction: Subtract step by step with this regrouping exercise.
- Multiplication Mystery Drag the number to the correct spot on the multiplication table!
- What's better than playing bingo? Try Multiplication Matho!
- Multiflyer! Welcome to Multiflyer, a game for anyone who is trying to learn multiplication. As the pilot of a space ship far in the future, you must save the solar system from gravitational anomalies while learning and memorizing the multiplication tables.
- Who can score a perfect 100 using the Division Machine?
- What's better than playing bingo? Try Division Matho
- Learn about money and banking at the Kidsbank.com.
- Practice Money Word Problems with the Keep the Change activity.
- Go shopping with the $pending $pree activity.
- Practice Counting Money with the Counting Coins activity.
- Intro. to Fractions
- Addition of Fractions
- Addition of Fractions 2
- Subtraction of Fractions
- Equivalent Fractions
- Quia - Equivalent Fractions
- Fun Brain - "Fresh Baked Fractions"
- Shade enough boxes to match the fraction.
- Match equivalent fractions with Fraction Frenzy.
- Everything dealing with fractions at Visual Fractions.
- Tony Fraction's Pizza Shop.
Time & Temperature:
- Telling Time Practice
- Match a digital clock to an analog clock with Stop the Clock!
- Match a digital clock to an analog clock with What Time Is It?
- Race against time with Clockworks.
Measurement & Geometry:
- Practice your skills in geometry at the Geometry Workshop!
- Carol's Congruent Concentration
- Practice using a ruler with Fun Brain's Measure It!
- Practice using a ruler with the Ruler Game.
- Convert ounces to pints, quarts, cups, and gallons at Artie Ounce's Soda Fountain!
- Practice using the metric system at Matthew Metric's Gum Parlor!
Miscellaneous Math Sites:
- Practice your arithmetic with Speed Math.
- Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division playing a game of Tackle Math Ball.
- Practice understanding number patterns in a grid with Behind the Blob.
- Probability tools
- A+ Math: Do math worksheets, flashcards, and more!
- Middle School Math Concepts: These activities are designed for either group or individual exploration into concepts from middle school mathematics.
- Make your own math drill sheets.
- Build your own math sheets and flash cards.
SOL Review: SOL Pass
World History:Ancient Greece for Kids
- Discover the stories of America's past.
- Research the Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center
- Research Jamestown, VA
- Virtual Jamestown.org
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Stories from American History on Music Video
- Learn about the Southwest Native Americans!
- Our America: Civil War
- NBC Learn - K-12
- NBC Learn - Higher Ed
American Government: Kids.gov
- Get more familiar with Opportunity Cost
- Get more familiar with Capital Resources
- Get more familiar with Goods and Services
- Get more familiar with Consumers and Producers
- Play economics games! http://www.fleetkids.com/
- Learn about money and banking at the Kidsbank.com.
- Moneyopolis: The place for money smart kids!
- VA Regions Web Quest
- Maps.com Game Room-Play and Learn at the same time!
- Atlapedia: Look at these full color physical and political maps as well as key facts and statistics on countries of the world.
- Time Magazine for Kids
- Learn about religions, languages, geography and culture around the world.
- Geography for Kids
- Learn everything you want to know about Ancient Egypt.
Science Assessment: Jefferson Lab practice tests
Force, Motion, and Energy:
- Energy Kid's Page
- Dr. E's Energy Lab
- Energy Quest
- Energy Resources
- Learn about simple and compound machines while exploring the EdHeads house.
Earth Patterns, Cycles, and Change:
- Take the Lunar Challenge!
- Learn all about hurricanes, floods, etc. in the Disaster Area!
- Watch the water cycle in action! Thirstin's Water Cycle
Weather Information: AccuWeather: Weather maps, satellite pictures, doppler radar and current conditions for 1,000 U.S. locations.
- Everything you need to know about frogs!
- SeaWorld Adventure Parks' animal information database!
- Enchanted Learning: Look at this on-line hypertext book about butterflies.
- KidsFarm: See this for young children to learn about farm and wild animals, animal sounds, and what grows there.
- Visit the Electronic Zoo!
- The Animals of the World
More Science Links:
- Learn about solids, liquids, and gases!
- Jefferson Lab: Games and Puzzles
- Elements at ChemTutor
- Elements at Jefferson Labs
- BBC Schools Science Clips
- Dental Health Sites
- Interactive science experiments
- Learn about the MOON!
- Great interactive rock cycle animation
- Do a fun-filled simple machines activity at the EdHeads website!
- BrainPop: Watch movies that help explain science to you!
- Biology in Motion: Watch these interactive simulations and mini lectures!
- How does hydroelectric power work? Find out here!
- NASA for Kids
- Earthquake Hazards Program for Kids
- You can view either a map of the Earth showing the day and night regions at this moment, or view the Earth from the Sun, the Moon, the night side of the Earth, above any location on the planet specified by latitude, longitude and altitude, from a satellite in Earth orbit, or above various cities around the globe.
- Do you love all of the yucky, gross science stuff? Check this out!
- Kids and Teens Science experiments
- Radar's Biology for Kids
- Why the leaves change color
- Read about the elements of simple machines
SOL Review & Practice
Related Arts and More
Educational & Study Skills:
- KidBiz 3000
- I Know That.com
- Complete your Realidades textbook assignment online
- Work on your Spanish grammar at studySpanish.com
- Cool study tools at HomeworkPlanet.com!
- Do you need help to do better in school? Learn How-To-Study.
- Visit About Homework and Study Tips site!
- English Zone: Everything you need to know about English is right here!
- MathPower: This site provides information about basic math, algebra, study skills, math anxiety and learning styles.
- Sing-a-long: Clear your throat and sing along with patriotic and children's songs as well as songs from movies and musicals!
- Think you're a good DJ? Try out your skills with this cool virtual DJ booth. Includes turntables, scratching
samples, sound clips, lightning effects, and much more.
- Arts Alive: Join the National Arts Centre of Canada and become a music maestro. Includes info
on famous composers, different instruments, and the musicians behind the instruments, as well as sound clips, games, and more.
Library & Technology:
- Kids search tools for online research
- Review your subject area terms with some interactive Word Searches!
- Animal Classification Hangman
- Mammal Match
- Solar System Memory
- Homophones Quiz
- TCitH Puzzle
- Learn all about the Internet when you click on Welcome to the Web.
- Color Matters: Explore how different cultures view color, see how it affects the brain and the body.
- Colors: Learn about the color wheel, mixing, schemes, and mood. Find activities, vocabulary, puzzles, and quizzes.
Health & P.E.:
- The Great Body Shop: Learn about health, substance abuse, and violence prevention.
- Try this on line fitness program
- Tennis Magazine
- Read about the student pledge against gun violence!
- Stop Violence: This page is the writings and drawings of children on the subject of stopping the violence throughout America.
- People for peace!